March 24, 2017 1:19 pm The Ultimate Weekday Sleep-Away Camp!
Each camp is different…
WHO IS WITH MY CHILD ALL THE TIME AT CAMP?
- Supervision of your child is important for two main reasons:
- Safety must be insured.
The staff taking care of your child must be worthy role models.
Talk with the camp director about the decisions he/she has made for the camp…
- Who is with the campers? Are they adults (18 or older)? Are they junior counselors or counselors-in-training (CIT’s)?
- Ask about staff-to-camper ratios. Also ask how many adult staff are present in each situation: at activities, walking between activities, at meals, in the bunk/cabin, during rest time, at night (before the counselor curfew), on trips.
- Who supervises the counselors? Are those supervisors “in the field” and do they interact with campers and counselors?
- How does the camp strive to hire counselors with good values? What training and support are provided to strengthen counselors as worthy role models for campers?
Take enough time chatting with the camp director to get a feel for the culture of the camp and its approach to staffing, supervision and care of campers. There are differences among camps and you want to select one that matches your standards and values.
Bring your family for a private tour of our Weekday Sleep-Away Camp in Blairstown, NJ.
1-hour west of Manhattan, near the Delaware Water Gap.
We are making tour appointments for these dates:
March – 25, 26
April – 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, 30
Choose two weeks or more.
Space in each age group is limited and available on a first come, first served basis.
Good counselors fulfill the roles both of parents and older siblings.
We look forward to answering your questions.
Campus Kids (on the rural campus of Blair Academy)
Weekday Sleep-Away Camp
973 – 845 – 9260
Find us on Facebook