April 6, 2017 11:50 am Ivy League Rejection Rates Increasing
By Admissions Expert, Dr. Paul Lowe
“Some of America’s most exclusive colleges are becoming more exclusive” (WSJ – April1-2, 2017). According to recently published data in Business Insider, more qualified students are applying to Ivy League schools. This has resulted in even higher rejection rates for Harvard, Brown, Cornell, Columbia, Princeton, Dartmouth and UPenn. The Wall Street Journal article also reported that even applicants with 4.0 GPAs and SATs greater than 1400 are being rejected. “Competition was fierce…and many candidates who looked nearly perfect on paper were rejected.”
Do you know where you’ll go?
Here are 2017’s acceptance rates:
- Harvard: 39,506 applicants applied. 2,056 applicants or 5.2% were admitted.
- Yale: 32,900 applicants applied. 2,272 applicants or 6.9% were admitted.
- Princeton: 31,056 applicants applied. 1,890 applicants or 6.10% were admitted.
- Columbia: 37,389 applicants applied. 2,185 applicants or 5.80% were admitted.
- Cornell: 47,038 applicants applied. 5,889 applicants or 12.5% were admitted.
- Dartmouth: 20,034 applicants applied. 2,092 applicants or 10.4% were admitted.
- Brown: 32,724 applicants applied. 2,722 applicants or 8.3% were admitted.
- UPenn: 40,413 applicants applied. 3,699 applicants or 9.2% were admitted.
What can you do as a concerned parent to beat the odds of rejection? Our Admissions Advisors Groups’ – Assurance Admissions Program. It’s the logical step for a win-win strategy on the road to Ivy League admission for your child.
“Top qualified applicants, after all their hard work (and parents’ work) and preparation, deserve the best and should not settle for less” Dr. Paul R. Lowe
Dr. Paul Reginald Lowe is the managing director and lead admissions expert at Greenwich Admissions Advisors. Tel. (203) 542-7288, and founder of Private School Admissions Advisors a part of the Pinnacle Educational Center Admissions Advisors Group network. College Admissions Affiliates: College Application Rejected and Ivy League Admissions Advisors, and College Transfer Admissions Advisors.
Dr. Lowe specializes in providing exclusive concierge-type admissions advisory services for families and students who are interested in applying to Ivy League and highly selective colleges and combined BS/MD programs. Dr. Lowe also helps students gain admissions into their top choice colleges after they have been wait-listed and rejected.