January 5, 2017 12:03 pm Remy’s Fantasy Golf World
Introducing our latest column of interest…
Week 1 – January 5 – 8th
Tournament – SBS Tournament of Champions
Course – Kapalua – Maui, Hawaii
Par – 73 Yardage – 7,452
Defending Champion – Jordan Spieth
Purse – $6,100,000
Remy’s Rules –
- Every week our golf contributors will pick 1 player who they think has the best chance to win.
- The amount of earnings the selected player makes that week will be awarded to the contributor (not quite, unfortunately, more like monopoly money).
- The contributor cannot select the same player twice during the 37 PGA Tour events, the last tournament being the Tour Championship in September.
- When a Major or World Golf Championship coincides with another PGA Tour sanctioned event the Major/WGC will take precedence over the other tournament.
- The contributor who compiles the most earnings for the season (or monopoly money, rather) will win the 2017 Inaugural PWM Fantasy Golf Classic! Prizes to be announced in the coming weeks…
Our Contributors’ Week 1 Picks + Reasons Below…
Remy’s Pick – Dustin Johnson
DJ just shot 61 in a practice round with Wayne Gretzky, AKA the Great One (his father-in-law) and is riding higher than ever on confidence.
Marianne’s Pick – Patrick Reed
He won here in 2015 and placed second last year. He was the catalyst for the US Ryder Cup win. He is on a roll.
Carlos’ Pick – Hideki Matsuyama
3 wins and a second in his last 4 starts and a T3 in his last appearance at Kapalua in 2015. Momentum and familiarity, and the fact that it’s a 32 man field this week, should help him to another victory.
Craig’s Pick – Jimmy Walker
He was the runner up in 2015 and has won in Hawaii before. And he is coming off his first major win, the 2016 PGA Championship @ Baltusrol.
Frank’s Pick – Tony Finau
Because my nephew in golf school told me to!
Chris’ Pick – Charley Hoffman
Good player but streaky. Has the opportunity to play well and place high but if not, small field so he’ll take some decent purse.
Jamie’s Pick – Jhonattan Vegas
Vegas hits a deep ball!
Danny’s Pick – Jason Dufner
I think the portly one, fresh off a divorce is prime to grab 2017 by the horns!
Zach’s Pick – Hideki Matsuyama
His last three victories were not even close and you’ve got to pick the player who has won four times in his last five starts.
Pete’s Pick – Daniel Berger
Young guys open the season well and he’s good in the wind.
Eric’s Pick – Hideki Matsuyama
He’s the odds on favorite to win and he won the last tournament hosted by Tiger in December.
Jeb’s Pick – Pat Perez
Because no one else will take him and he is on fire!
Live scoring available from our friends over at ESPN
A special thanks to all of our golf contributors. Stay tuned for next week’s picks!
Interested in writing for Party with Moms?
Contact – email@example.com