June 20, 2019 5:30 am Dr. Lowe Visits Harvard College
By Admissions Expert, Dr. Paul Lowe
Dr. Lowe and his team of admissions advisors visit Ivy League, prestigious and elite colleges several times annually, where they have the unique opportunity of interacting one-on-one with directors of admissions and senior admissions personnel.
In May, I visited Harvard College. This is my third visit to Harvard College this year. During each visit, I have the opportunity to meet professors and admissions personnel and talk about the college. I met several students on the Harvard Yard and they were friendly and modest. I sensed that they knew that they would be the future world leaders.
This year, Harvard’s acceptance rate was a record-low 4.5 percent. For the Class of 2023, only 1,950 of the 43,330 applicants were accepted. This year marks the fifth consecutive application cycle in which the percentage of accepted applicants has decreased.
What does this mean for rising seniors (next year’s seniors)?
If Harvard (or another Ivy League and highly selective college or university) is your first choice, it’s getting even harder to get accepted.
Applicants will need an expert college admissions advisor who –
- Has the experience and expertise in working with applicants who are applying to Ivy League or highly selective colleges and universities.
- Continually visits Ivy League and highly selective colleges and universities.
- Knows what admissions officers do not want to see in college applications.
- Understands how to efficiently and appropriately advise applicants.
- Understands the diplomacy and politics of competitive college admissions.
- Understands the admissions policies and what admissions officers are looking for.
- Spends time with applicants brainstorming and implementing admissions strategies.
- Guides applicants through the minefields of the Common Application, personal statements and supplemental/short answer essays.
- Assists applicants in editing and revising their personal statements and essays.
- Is inherently different, with the ability to utilize and combine all relevant factors for successful college application outcomes.
Let’s face it, what parent would want their child to be rejected from a top-choice elite college and have to attend a safety school after years of planning and hard work? Or, what parent would not wish to hire the college admissions advisor to help their child successfully navigate the college admissions process to colleges where the rejections rates range between 90 and 95 percent?
“Admissions is a competitive sport! Why gamble with uncertainty?” – Dr. Paul Lowe
Dr. Paul Reginald Lowe is the managing director and lead admissions expert at Greenwich Admissions Advisors. Tel. (203) 542-7288, and founder affiliates – Ivy League Admissions Advisors and Private School Admissions Advisors of the Pinnacle Educational Center Admissions Advisors Group network.
Dr. Lowe specializes in providing exclusive concierge-type admissions advisory services for families and students who are interested in applying to top private schools, Ivy League and highly selective colleges and combined BS/MD programs. Dr. Lowe also helps students gain admissions into their top choice private schools and colleges after they have been wait-listed or rejected. Dr. Lowe and his Greenwich Admissions Advisors team provide house-calls for families with extremely busy schedules who can’t come to their office.